Wednesday, September 29, 2010

House, job, tigers, birthday, and Berlin

This post is definitely a random mix of things. For those of you that are interested to see where we live, I have posted some pictures of both Erics house and a few of the village. Not too surprised about this but as soon as I stepped outside to walk down to the village, it started to rain a bit so I did not get too many pictures. More to come, though. It is getting cold, dreary and dark here but I guess that is to be expected.
This is actually the front of the house. If you walk out that white door and make a right, you walk come to a T in the road a couple of meters up. Make a right and it takes you straight into the village.
 This is the side of the house and thats Eric's car. That car is awesome and in such great shape. The balcony to the middle right is Erics and the balcony on the top left if Matts.


Table and buffet

Our pretty center piece.

This is a view of the living room while standing in the dining room. Please excuse Erics book bag on the sofa. We are looking for abig over sized chair to go in here.


Our front door. If you walk in the door and make a right after the coat hangers, you walk straight into the living room.

This is a picture of the kitchen back in March when Eric and Matt first moved in. It's much cleaner now.

If you make a right at the T I was telling you about earlier, this is what you see. It's usually a little more populated than this. The weather kept most people inside.

If you keep walking straight into the village, you get here. If you curve to the right, there are tons of little shops, restaurants, bakeries, etc. This little while building on the corner is where I will take a good book, get a coffee and read for a couple of hours.
The village itself is actually a really neat place. There is usually a lot of foot traffic but again due to the weather, people opted to stay in doors.

In other news, I have recently applied to quite a few human resources/marketing jobs on base after my magical month hiatus. However, I have been in communication with the director at the CDC (child development center) on base. She is out on vacation this week but I am hoping to get an appointment to meet with her next week. I love doing HR but with all the families that live on base, I know this could be a really good opportunity to get some great one on one work with children that really need it! Please keep my job search in your prayers. I have loved my month of "me" but as we all know the real world can't dissapear forever. I will keep you all posted in the coming weeks on that.

We are staying in town this weekend but that is because we have a rather exciting trip planned for next weekend that we are wanting to rest up for. The BEST news ever is that Auburn is playing at 11:30 CST. I have never liked early games but when you live in Germany, it is like a gift from God. It probably won't be the best game as we are playing Louisiana Monroe but atleast I will get to see my faithful Auburn tigers in action. I could not be any happier with what Chizik has done with our team. I know we still have lots of work to do, but when you have a coach that genuinely has as much faith in the fans as he does his players, the university, and our athletic program, you have a winning combination. We wish safe travels to all of our friends and family that are traveling out to Colorado for the UGA game. Maybe they will decide to play for a change!! I know I live with two guys that definitely hope so.

A certain someone has a big birthday coming up next week. We are going to do a little celebration here next Thursday night (his actual birthday) then hop a plane to Berlin with some friends on Friday for a long weekend. I have heard such amazing things about Berlin and I can't wait to experience all the history and culture the city has to offer. I miss everyone very much and hope to see you all sooner rather than later!!! To my Auburn girls (Laura, you are definitely included in that), kommen Sie bald. Ich vermisse sie alle sehr viel. D, tell Tubs I said hi!! Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment