On Saturday, my friend Kristin and I met up and roamed through the little village of Ramstein. We stopped for a cappuccino, browsed all of the local vender stands, enjoyed a leisure lunch around 2pm, and then headed back to Erics to rest up for the "big" UGA game. Living with two Georgia fans does not produce many evening options when there is a UGA game on at noon EST. Plans were set to head to the sports bar on base around 5:30pm in order to catch kick off at 6pm. We got settled on our sofas and prepared ourselves for what ended up being one of the sloppiest UGA losses I have seen in years ( For all you faithful UGA fans, please don't hate me for speaking the truth. I was cheering on the
Auburn Tigers Georgia Bulldogs the whole time) To all my Auburn guys and gals, I was able to yell a heart felt "WAR EAGLE" at the bar to an Auburn fan sporting both his AU hat and tshirt. I don't care who you are, there is nothing like the Auburn family!I think I had a moment with this guy!! It was pure bliss. The game got so bad the guys were playing games to see who could blow the farthest spit ball across the bar...i might get in trouble for telling this but the proof will be posted below.
 |
| Matt looking pretty happy....unaware of the brutal loss to come |
 |
| Still unaware of whats to come |
 |
| server bringing Erics big ass beer with 4 big ass straws |
 |
| Eric showing the beer who's boss |
 |
| These are the straws that were used to launch spit balls across the bar |
 |
| The only way to drink the beer while sitting |
 |
| Matt deciding that the UGA loss was not the end of the world. |
Disclaimer: My mom is a faithful blog reader and i felt that posting a picture of the spit ball her son launched in a public place might be a tad inapprapriate.
After the game, we decided to head back to Eric and Matts, have a few drinks and call it a night. Eric lives about a mile from base and on the way home (we had a DD) we saw in the distance what looked to be a girl hauling it down the street on foot. As the car got closer to said girl, we realized it was younger and in clothes that looked to be....ahem....a little innapropriate and ill fitting. Well we drove past her and I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and hung my head out the window to ask her if she needed a ride.Without hesitation, she immediately took us up on our offer. I squeezed in the back seat with the guys and let her take my seat up front. I guess you could say we picked up our first hitch hiker. We asked her where we could drop her off at and she said the Ramstein festival thats about a mile up the road. Done and done. Since we lived approximately a mile up the road, we decided to park at Erics and walk with her to see what this festival talk was all about. We parked at Erics, grabbed a roadie and headed towards the festival. We made it about 1/4 of a mile down the road and you would have thought we walked into Las Vegas, Nevada....atleast in German terms. It went from dark, closed down little town, to bright lights, big city. It ended up being one of those nights where you don't plan much and it ends up being one of the most exciting nights ever. I typically don't ride those rickety old fair rides... the gravitron, the himalaya, etc...but I was feeling adventurous and I/we ended up going on every ride. Due to the bright, flashing lights, my pictures did not turn out to great but below are the best ones i snapped.
 |
| Here we are arriving at the fair with our hitch hiker, Kirsten. She would be the one in the navy blue....sofies!?!? |
 |
| Eric and Matt in front of the Himalayan |
 |
| Thats Jonah on the left. He is the son of a doctor that works on base that Eric and Matt are good friends with. |
 |
| People are allowed to stand up in the middle as the gravitron is spinning. I don't think this would fly in the US |
 |
| Eric crushing Kristin on the Himalayan |
 |
| As we were getting off, i thought it was funny that 3 guys squeezed into one seat. Obviously the middle guy was embarrased |
As cheesy as this night may sound, we ended up having a really fun night. I guess the saying is true when they say to expect the unexpected. Ramstein is a beautiful little town with gorgeous flowers, sweet people and good beer. But, to come across this on a Saturday night was pleasant surprise. You never know what these little towns have up there sleeve.
No comments:
Post a Comment