Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Down Weekend"

 Hopefully you can infer from the quotation marks that our down weekend turned out to be more of a....well, up weekend for lack of a better phrase. I hope that makes sense to everyone other than just myself. Friday night we did manage to have somewhat of a chill night. I had my first experience with German Mexican food. I guess you could consider "German Mexian" and oxymoron but it works. The food was as awesome as the crap hole mexican restaurants we have back in the states. I was very impressed. I did order a margarita on the rocks and the color looked a little bit like a science project gone bad. But if you know me, you know I took one look at it, disregarded the odd color and happily drank it. I am still alive and well so maybe it was just a little mix up with the food coloring :)

It color looks normal here but I assure you, the real color made everyone do a double take and question whether or not I should actually drink it.
 After enjoying our mexican, we decided to call it a night. We had a BIG day ahead of us that included sleeping in, mimosas, bloody mary's and a board game. We officially got our day kicked off around 11am with our drinks, tomato soup and grilled cheese. We had a few friends come over and we were all able to lounge around in our comfys and play our board games. There really is no way to write about our day in a comedic or entertaining way. It was what it was and it was glorious. We did have a two EXTRA special visitors who made our day that much better. Let's just say I went a little camera crazy with said visitors and I came across as some what stalkerish. You check out the pictures and let me know if you might have clicked the more times than is normal.
Cody looking out the window in my room



Cody's sister Riley sleeping in Chris's arms

Cody



They both slept A LOT

Cody and Riley playing

I am sure most of you would expect nothing less from me. I LOVE DOGS! These two cuties were no exception. I had a few cute videos of them but I am still having trouble loading videos onto my blog. I will contact blogger soon so I can share with you all the videos I have been taking on my travels. Anyways, adult time was quickly approaching and seeing as the pups were under age they had to leave.  After some much needed showering and freshening up, we decided to spice things up with a round of circle of death. For those of you who do not know what this is, I would go into detail but you are better off just googling it. This game ALWAYS leads to fun times :)


Eric got stuck with the dunce hat
After a round of cards, we decided to head to base for dinner and a round of cosmic bowling. We had a blast and I can once again verify that I am no good at bowling.
I have been so excited about posting this next part of the night!!! After bowling, we decided to head to Vogelweh. It's another military base that's just a couple of minutes down the road from Ramstein AFB. We were able to experience the deep south all the over here in Germany. Kazabra club was our next stop, "The largest country party in Germany." As creepy as the name sounds, this was no cheesy, wannabe western bar. This was the real deal. I'm talking tight jeans, belt buckles the size of texas, Old Gringo boots, and big hats. I was in H‐E‐A‐V‐E‐N. They had all ages of people, couples, groups, etc. out there on the dance floor. They played the best of the best in country music AND.......i rode a mechanical bull for the first time ever. I think I stayed on for a solid 1 second and no, there will no proof of said ride posted on this blog. It is definitely not the most lady like past time but gosh knows I loved all 1 second of it. I was no good at it but if you ever need a good laugh, this is the place to be. Seeing people of all shapes and sizes get up there and try to ride that bull might be the funniest thing I have ever seen. I must also admit that I have found a new love for two stepping. Eric even took me around the dance floor a couple of times and the kid can two step. FYI, all Friedrichs and Culpeppers will be two stepping at the Kazabra club over Christmas....just sayin. We felt like we were able to experience a little piece of the south and it was actually very comforting as weird as that might sound. My only guess is that the bar was opened and started by a  real Texan. Whoever you are, THANK YOU!!! All that two steppin wore us all out and we finally headed home around 2am. We had such a great day and it's always fun to discover new places like this.




It's the bull


Eric and Kristen two stepping
I apologize for not taking many pictures. We had an absolute blast and between the two stepping and line dancing, there were definitely many kodak moments but I am still awful with camera when it's dark. My pictures, as you can see above, turn out terrible so I still need to play around with my settings. My camera is 12.1 mega pixels so I know it has the capability to take some great shots even in the dark.

A little side note. I am still kind of confused on exactly what time zone I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment